O&G Onshore / Offshore
Water produced from oil and gas extraction processes has historically been considered a waste product, but it can be turned into usable water, through several treatment processes. Primarily solid and oil particles are bonded together through the usage of coagulant injection. Agglomerated solids and oil particles are then separated from water through oil & water separation equipment. Fine particles can be removed through a multimedia filter or ultrafiltration technology. Dissolved hydrocarbons can be then extracted through an adsorbent filter for recovery. When the water is free of particles and oil, desalination technologies can be applied, such as, softener, nanofiltration, reverse osmosis, and ion exchange, where dissolved ions and other contaminants are separated from the water.
Gulf Water Treatment Solutions will allow the recovery up to 80-90% of the produced water, producing a clean water stream with high-quality standards that can be reused in other processes or safely discharged in the environment.
Food and Beverage
The food and beverage sector depends heavily on a range of water-related applications. From food ingredients and wastewater treatment in processing facilities to boilers, dishwashers, steamers, and ice machines in food service establishments, purified water is crucial to safe and industry-compliant operations.
At Gulf Water Treatment Solutions, we offer the latest in water treatment technology to meet the extensive needs and stringent industry standards of the food and beverage industry. Our state-of-the-art water purification systems can be tailored to facilitate a variety of applications, including:
- Food and Beverage Ingredient Mixing
- Drinking Water
- Beverage and Ice Filtration
- Boiler and Hot Water Treatment
- Process Water Purification
- Production Utility Water
- Clean-in-Place (CIP) and Sanitize-in-Place (SIP) Processes
- Wastewater Reduction
- Dishwashers, Steamers, and Steam Tables
All of our water purification solutions can be customized for use in food service, hospitality, commercial kitchens, and food and beverage processing facilities. To see how our process can improve your food and beverage business.
The petroleum industry is one of the major contributors to water pollution globally. The industry can discharge different types of pollutants that can be carcinogenic, phytotoxic, and genotoxic. The nature of these pollutants can possess an immensely harmful effect on human health and aquatic life. Petroleum wastewater is considered to be a major hazard in the industry. In the last few decades, academic research efforts have been concentrated on finding sustainable, effective, and long-term treatment techniques for petroleum industry wastewater. The complex composition of the wastewater implies that it is often not feasible to use a single treatment technique but rather a combination of several techniques.
Gulf Water Treatment Services offers improved and state-of-the-art treatment methods of petroleum industry wastewater, focusing on the sustainability and effectiveness of these methods.
Commercial and Municipal
Every community uses water differently, depending on population, regional climate and geography, seasonal changes, and water costs. Still, the demand for consumption generally comes from four sectors: domestic, public, industrial, and commercial. Distribution of potable water applies to all four, with specialized applications including bathing and washing dishes at home or street cleaning and fire hydrants for public areas. Industrial and commercial applications necessitate water delivery for manufacturing facilities and local businesses.
GWTs’ highly skilled professionals and systems have revolutionized the steps in the municipal water treatment process to fit all types of problems:
- Coagulation and flocculation. By adding positively charged chemicals to water, treatment systems can neutralize the negative charge of dirt particles and other contaminants suspended in the water. These positive chemicals and negative particles bind together into floc or larger particles.
- Sedimentation. The floc is heavier, so this treatment step utilizes the force of gravity to settle those particles to the bottom of the water. This separates a portion of the water’s contaminants, or sludge, from the water as an initial clarification step.
- Filtration. Clear water can now flow through above the settled particles from the sedimentation process. This water passes through filters of different sizes and materials, like sand and charcoal, to remove additional chemical or pathogenic particles.
- Disinfection and sterilization. Treatment systems often add disinfectants like chlorine and chloramine to the water to kill any remaining pathogens as the water travels to its final destination. Another common disinfection option is UV radiation, which utilizes wavelengths of UV light to effectively remove microbes by disrupting the structure of their DNA.
- Washing clothes and dishes
- Domestic and commercial cleaning
- Watering lawns
- Fire protection
- Street cleaning
- Crop irrigation
- Manufacturing processes
- Power facilities for electricity generation
There is no other industry where the highest quality service and an exceptional customer experience are more important than in the hospitality industry. Beginning with the quality of your water, Gulf Water Treatment provides solutions that meet the high standards and products of your entire operation.
Clean water is essential for providing excellent customer experiences at every step of a patron’s stay at your establishment. It’s also a critical element of providing basic safety and catering to your customer’s well-being. Customers need access to clean water for drinking, making coffee, and enjoying food and beverages at your location. Even ice machines rely on high-quality water to run smoothly and give users access to safe, fresh-smelling ice.
Gulf Water Treatment uses technologically advanced and proven solutions to ensure that your water meets the highest standard of quality. By utilizing water treated by Gulf Water Treatment, your facility will see immediate benefits in boilers, hot water heaters, cooling towers, food service, laundry, and vended services.
Hotel and Hospitality customers who employ Gulf Water Treatment treatment solutions can expect to see the following savings:
- Reduced scale buildup in equipment and fixtures
- Increased lifespan of equipment and lower maintenance costs
- Reduced operating costs
- 30-35% reduction in the use of detergent and chemicals*
- Increased lifespan of linens
Some of the most common use cases for water softeners include:
- Laundry Laundry services benefit from water softeners because they reduce the risks of stains on clothes and textiles, as well as extend the lifespan of the machinery.
- General-Use Plumbing: Hard water can cause buildup and unappealing scaling on showerheads, faucets, and sinks that are difficult to clean.
- Boilers and Pipe Systems: Scale and buildup can compromise machinery, valves, and boiler systems. Softeners reduce related maintenance tasks and repairs.
Industrial water treatment plants are built to handle high volumes of water without losing efficacy. Our industrial water treatment systems can treat contaminated water for a wide array of manufacturing and processing applications to ensure the final product falls within acceptable standards before use. Each system can be customized to meet the unique needs of your industrial regulations for purified and recycled water. By treating water on-site, you can realize a wide array of benefits such as greater product control, a smaller footprint, and certainty that you have the right water for the job.
Treated water is essential for reducing wear and tear on processing equipment. Mineral, microbial, and chemical contaminants can prematurely corrode and degrade expensive equipment for energy generation, storage, and distribution. Treating and purifying water allows you to reuse it without risking damage to your systems, dispose of it while complying with wastewater regulations, and minimize your facility’s environmental footprint.
Generating power takes vast amounts of water for use in virtually every step of the process, from boiler feed systems to cooling condensers and bearings to pollutant scrubbers. Clean water is not just important for intake but equally essential for discharge. Legislation continues to evolve, tightening restrictions and shifting demand toward zero liquid discharge. That means there’s an increase in innovation in water treatment for the power generation industry.
According to trend analysis, water demand will increase by 55% due to the world’s growing population, while demand for electricity will increase by 45 trillion kWh or approximately 44% more than the 2018 level. That presents a dilemma when power plants depend on water for clean energy generation. The answer is Gulf Water Treatments advanced technology combined with expertise to find smarter, cleaner ways to preserve and recycle water to meet power requirements for an increasingly connected, electronic world.
There are various Gulf Water Treatment approved systems available for power plant water treatment, such as:
- Pre-treatment: Pretreating the water eliminates any solids, colloidal particles, and organics, as well as minerals like iron and manganese.
- Boiler feedwater: Boiler feedwater is used to minimize the levels of impurities that can damage or impede boiler operations.
- Condensate polishing: Condensate polishing is another method of reducing suspended metals, solids, and other impurities that can cause corrosion, leading to increased downtime.
- Cooling tower blowdown treatment: The result of cooling tower blowdown is reduced corrosion and cleaner discharged water.
- Flue gas desulfurization: Desulfurization removes particles like sulfur oxide, heavy metals, and gypsum from power generation water emissions.
- Recycling and reuse: Recycling and reusing emissions ensure a consistent flow of clean water while reducing discharge and raw water intake.
Utilities and Infrastructure
GWT has rich experience across various infrastructure and utilities segments. We have helped various public utilities and boards from ________ , ________ , ________ , to streamline their water treatment and utility plants. We have enabled the migration and upgrade of water and wastewater treatment plants.
We have utilized our rich experience in water and wastewater treatment processes to offer reliable engineering services to our customers. We have extensive experience on various customer and industry-specific standards.
Cooling systems on cruise liners, large ships & Yachts need to operate effectively on demand for long periods of time as heat energy expelled by machinery running onboard the ship needs to be carried away effectively to avoid breakdown and malfunction.
The two main systems for doing this are Seawater cooling systems or Freshwater cooling systems which are pumped in a circuit around the plant rooms and can be cooled down via a heat exchange which passes heat energy onto a seawater cooler. Cruise ships which supply water to thousands of guests onboard need to take this water directly from the Sea or River they are sailing through and since this water is not readily drinkable, suitable for bathing or washing it must be treated first by a mixture of Gulf Water Treatments desalination, filtration, and base exchange softening to supply a wholesome supply of water to guests. Even much smaller Luxury Yachts and Boats will make use of these systems to filter water from the sea although on a much smaller scale. At GWT we have designed highly effective, cost & Power efficient solutions that last long and provide a superior product to all passengers aboard.
The iron and steel industry is often thought of as one of the main forces that drive a nation’s economic and technological progress. Historically, it has seen enormous growth driven by globalization and industrialization. Many steel plants are sorely in need of updated water treatment technology. Legacy treatment modes are unable to completely remediate water for reclamation, but GWTs’ newer techniques like membrane separation show great promise.
Typical steel industry waste streams contain hazardous compounds like the complex organic compounds benzene toluene xylene (BTX) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), cyanide, ammonia, thiocyanate, phenols, and cresols. These compounds present challenges for treatment.
Treatment stages can include many different technologies. Physical separation, which might include gravity settling, screening, and oil removal, is commonly used in primary stages, but membrane technology is also now a good alternative to traditional separation.
Coagulation-flocculation is then commonly used. Then, our advanced oxidation processes (APOs) are commonly used for both disinfection and reduction of total dissolved solids (TDS). These include ultraviolet photolysis, hydrogen peroxide oxidation, photo-Fenton’s oxidation, electrochemical oxidation, and ozonation. APOs may sometimes be used for the removal of toxic compounds like PAHs. For the removal of some pollutants such as cyanide, however, phenol-specific adsorption is also used. It is also fairly common for steel plants to include a traditional activated sludge stage in tertiary treatment to reduce the load of organic material.
Water recovery in the steel sector involves cooling and desalinating water to control salt concentration in circulation systems and decreasing consumption and discharge of fresh water while improving steel quality and the service life of the equipment. Combining treatment methods such as membrane separation, chemical treatments, reverse osmosis, and ultrafiltration can produce a high level of contaminant removal and deliver reusable effluents that are easier on equipment, eco-friendly, and more economically feasible than discharging water untreated into the environment.
For Everything Water
GWT has been repeatedly recognized for providing innovative quality solutions in all sorts of water and waste water treatment requirements. GWT has provided solutions to a wide range of
O&G Onshore/ Offshore
Food and Beverage
Commercial & Municipal
Get In Touch
Fill all information details to consult with us.