Commercial and Municipal
Every community uses water differently, depending on population, regional climate and geography, seasonal changes, and water costs. Still, the demand for consumption generally comes from four sectors: domestic, public, industrial, and commercial. Distribution of potable water applies to all four, with specialized applications including bathing and washing dishes at home or street cleaning and fire hydrants for public areas. Industrial and commercial applications necessitate water delivery for manufacturing facilities and local businesses.
GWTs’ highly skilled professionals and systems have revolutionized the steps in the municipal water treatment process to fit all types of problems:
- Coagulation and flocculation. By adding positively charged chemicals to water, treatment systems can neutralize the negative charge of dirt particles and other contaminants suspended in the water. These positive chemicals and negative particles bind together into floc or larger particles.
- Sedimentation. The floc is heavier, so this treatment step utilizes the force of gravity to settle those particles to the bottom of the water. This separates a portion of the water’s contaminants, or sludge, from the water as an initial clarification step.
- Filtration. Clear water can now flow through above the settled particles from the sedimentation process. This water passes through filters of different sizes and materials, like sand and charcoal, to remove additional chemical or pathogenic particles.
- Disinfection and sterilization. Treatment systems often add disinfectants like chlorine and chloramine to the water to kill any remaining pathogens as the water travels to its final destination. Another common disinfection option is UV radiation, which utilizes wavelengths of UV light to effectively remove microbes by disrupting the structure of their DNA.
- Washing clothes and dishes
- Domestic and commercial cleaning
- Watering lawns
- Fire protection
- Street cleaning
- Crop irrigation
- Manufacturing processes
- Power facilities for electricity generation
For Everything Water
GWT has been repeatedly recognized for providing innovative quality solutions in all sorts of water and waste water treatment requirements. GWT has provided solutions to a wide range of
Get In Touch
Fill all information details to consult with us.